Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH)
Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
Managers, supervisors and senior hygiene personnel such as:
- Production Managers, Quality Assurance and Technical Managers
- Owners or Managers of food businesses
- Supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge
- Food Safety & Hygiene Auditors
- Shift Managers or Supervisors
- It would be ideal but not essential if the candidate has achieved a Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing (CIEH, RSPH, HABC etc)
- Beyond being accountable, it is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
- EU legislation states that food safety training should be commensurate to the working activity.
- This course provides an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
- Compliance with food safety legislation.
- Operational requirements needed to ensure food safety
- Food safety management procedures.
- Controls required for food safety
- Maintenance of food safety management procedures
- A five day training programme
- This course can be taken as consecutive days or spilt into parts over a two or three week period
The examination consists of two papers; paper one consists of five questions, which have to be answered within 1.5 hours, paper two consists of a case study to be completed within 1 hour. Examinations are carried out under controlled conditions. All questions on both of the papers have to be answered