Manual handling Risk Assessments
What is manual handling?
The Manual Handling Operating Regulations define manual handling as:
… any transporting or supporting of a load (including the lifting, putting down, pushing,pulling, carrying or moving thereof) by hand or bodily force.
Manual Handling is the most commonly reported type of work-related ill health.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations establish a clear hierarchy of measures for dealing with risks from manual handling.
- Avoid hazardous manual handling operations so far as reasonably practicable
- Assess any hazardous manual handling operations that cannot be avoided
- Reduce the risk of injury so far as reasonably practicable.
Do you need help to complete or update your manual handling risk assessments?
- We can work with you and your employees to ensure your risk assessments are suitable and sufficient
Do you need to train your staff in manual handling?
- Please click here for details of our manual handling training course