STS –Code of Practice – Food Processors and Suppliers to the Public Sector
SALSA – Safe and Local Supplier Approval
SALSA is a food safety standard and certification scheme developed for buyers and smaller food producers who need to demonstrate that they operate to standards that are recognised and accepted across the industry and exceed the minimum standards expected by enforcement authorities.
The SALSA standard is considered to be more appropriate for smaller food producers and processors than the BRC Global Standard.
STS Code of Practice is a standard required of food processors and suppliers that supply or intend to supply food, ingredients and food related items to the Public Sector.
Do you need support to help you prepare for, pass and maintain SALSA or STS accreditation?
We can provide you with as much or as little support as you require. Typical services include:
- An initial gap analysis audit to identify any areas of non compliance to the standard
- Developing an action plan to achieve compliance with the standard
- Developing robust and practical food safety procedures and a Food Safety Management System
- Tailored consultancy for a specific clause of the standard e.g. HACCP, senior management commitment, product recall, etc
- A range of accredited and non – accredited food safety training. (See our full range of food safety training)