Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
Managers, supervisors and senior hygiene personnel such as:
- Production Managers, Quality Assurance and Technical Managers
- Owners or Managers of food businesses
- Supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge
- Food Safety & Hygiene Auditors
- Shift Managers or Supervisors
- It would be ideal but not essential if the candidate has achieved a Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing (CIEH, RSPH, HABC etc)
- Beyond being accountable, it is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
- EU legislation states that food safety training should be commensurate to the working activity.
- This course provides an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and industry guidance
- Food safety hazards
- Allocation of responsibilities
- Managing the operational requirements of a safe food business
- Cleaning and disinfection regimes
- Supplier quality and safety controls
- Pest controls
- Establish food safety management procedures
- Monitoring the implementation of food safety management procedures
- Maintaining food safety management procedures
- Communication, sources of information and training
- A five day training programme
- This course can be taken as consecutive days or spilt into parts over a two or three week period
- Assessment is via a controlled assignment and an examination; both of which are carried out under examination conditions.
- The controlled assignment comprises two sections: the first is based on HACCP principles and the second on the application of food safety management. The candidate completes both sections with reference to his/her chosen workplace.
- The examination paper consists of five structured questions. All questions must be answered.