Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH)
Level 3 Award in HACCP for Manufacturing
- Managers and supervisors of all food manufacturing businesses who are responsible for the development of a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP.
- HACCP team leaders and HACCP team members
- Recommended that candidates have an understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene.
- It would be ideal but not essential if the candidate has achieved a Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Under EC regulation, food business operators are responsible for ensuring that they provide adequate HACCP training for those persons responsible for the development and maintenance of HACCP systems.
- BRC Version 6 states that the HACCP team leader shall have an in depth knowledge of HACCP principles and that HACCP team members shall have a knowledge of HACCP principles
- Importance of HACCP-based food safety management systems
- Preliminary processes for developing a HACCP system
- Development of HACCP-based procedures
- Procedures for ensuring food safety
- Evaluation of HACCP-based procedures
- A three day training programme
- Assessment is by a 90 minute examination consisting of 45 multiple-choice questions
- CIEH/RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing
- CIEH Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
- RSPH Level 4 Award in HACCP for Manufacturing