Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Level 3 Award in HACCP for Manufacturing
- Managers and supervisors of all food manufacturing businesses who are responsible for the development of a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP.
- HACCP team leaders and HACCP team members
- Recommended that candidates have an understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene.
- It would be ideal but not essential if the candidate has achieved a Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Under EC regulation, food business operators are responsible for ensuring that they provide adequate HACCP training for those persons responsible for the development and maintenance of HACCP systems.
- BRC Version 6 states that the HACCP team leader shall have an in depth knowledge of HACCP principles and that HACCP team members shall a knowledge of HACCP principles
- Introduction to food safety management
- Preliminary procedures
- Development of HACCP based procedures
- Evaluating HACCP based procedures
- A one day training programme
- Candidates are assessed by an assignment that requires the development of a HACCP plan. Candidates are given approximately 4 weeks from the date of the course within which to submit their assignment.
- CIEH/RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing
- CIEH Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
- RSPH Level 4 Award in HACCP for Manufacturing