Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing (Refresher)
- Managers and supervisors in small, medium or large manufacturing businesses who have successfully completed the * CIEH, RSPH OR HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing within the last three years.
- Individuals who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety systems.
- Candidates wishing to pogress to the Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing.
- Candidates who have who have successfully completed the * CIEH, RSPH OR HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing within the last three years.
- *Candidates must provide evidence of the original certificates prior to attending the course.
- Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is both responsible and accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
- Enables employers and employees to satisfy their legal obligation with regard to training of food handlers
Summary of the original full course syllabus:
- Introduction to food safety
- Applying & monitoring good hygiene practices
- Temperature control
- Workplace & equipment design
- Waste disposal, cleaning & disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene of staff
- Contributing to staff training
- Implementation of food safety procedures
- Food safety auditing
- Food premises and equipment
- A one day training programme
- Completion of a question based activity book prior to attending the course
- Multiple choice examination consisting of 60 questions
- CIEH/RSPH Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing