Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (REFRESHER)
- All food handlers in food and drink manufacturing operations who have completed a L2 Food Safety course with the CIEH, RSPH or HABC in the past 3-4 years
- Suitable for those personnel whose work requires them to enter food or drink manufacturing workplaces e.g. equipment maintenance engineers and delivery personnel.
- Candidates who have successfully completed CIEH, RSPH OR HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing within the last three years.
- *Candidates must provide evidence of the original certificates prior to attending the course.
- Provides candidates with an understanding of the key fundamentals of food hygiene
- Enables employers and employees to satisfy their legal obligation with regard to training of food handlers
A refresh over the original syllabus
- Introduction to food safety
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature controls
- Heat processing of foods
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- A half day training programme
- Candidates are required to complete a question based activity book prior to attending the course.
- Multiple choice examination consisting of 30 questions
- The CIEH recommend that candidates taking this course attend a refresher course every three years.
- CIEH/RSPH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety for Manufacturing