Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (REFRESHER)
- Anyone working in catering where food is prepared, cooked and handled and who have completed a L2 Food Safety course with the CIEH, RSPH or HABC in the past 3-4 years
- Typical environments may include:
- pubs, hotels, restaurants; cafes; hospitals; care homes; schools; prisons.
- Candidates who have successfully completed CIEH, RSPH OR HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering within the last 3 – 4 years.
- *Candidates must provide evidence of the original certificates prior to attending the course.
- Provides candidates with a refresher regarding the key fundamentals of food hygiene
- Enables employers and employees to satisfy their legal obligation with regard to training of food handlers
A refresh over the original syllabus:
- Introduction to food safety
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Taking temperatures
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating of foods
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- A half day training programme
- Candidates are required to complete a question based activity book prior to attending the course.
- Multiple choice examination consisting of 30 questions
- CIEH/RSPH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety for Manufacturing