Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Working Safely is for people at any level, in any sector, who need a ‘grounding’ in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
- The course meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus.
- There are no specific prior learning requirements for this course
- IOSH Working Safely is a nationally recognised and well respected certificated training program that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- Focuses on why health and safety is important and how individuals can make a real difference to the well being of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
- Introducing Working Safely
- Defining Hazard & Risk
- Identifying Common Hazards
- Improving Safety Performance
- Protecting Our Environment
- A one day training programme
- Multiple choice test and a hazard spotting exercise.
- Delegates who successfully complete the written and practical assessments can choose between the IOSH Working Safely certificate or a credit card-sized IOSH ‘passport’ card.
- IOSH Managing Safely if the candidate has responsibility for others