Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
IOSH Managing Safely
- Managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation.
- It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to manage health and safety in their teams and highlights why health and safety is an essential part of their job.
- Useful for new safety reps or as a refresher for existing safety reps.
- Beneficial for HR and occupational health staff who often work closely with the safety department.
- Helpful for those personnel who may be involved in defending civil insurance claims to give them a background into the practical actions needed to manage health and safety effectively.
- Extremely beneficial for those candidates that intend to study for the NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Certificate.
- No set prior learning requirements.
- Candidates are required to complete a small project (workplace risk assessment) as part of this course and hence literacy and numeracy skills are relevant.
- IOSH Managing Safely is a nationally recognised and well respected certificated training program that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- This course will help delegates to really think about what they’re learning – and have the confidence and enthusiasm to put it into practice when they’re back at work.
- A practical course programme, with a sharp business focus.
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
- A four day program that may be run as four consecutive days; as 2 x 2 blocks of days or 4 x 1 day.
Two parts to the assessment:
- Individual examination consisting of 22 questions that are a mix of multiple choice and short answer.
- Individual workplace risk assessment. Candidates are typically given 2 weeks following the course in which to complete their assessment. The tutor provides candidates with comprehensive guidance on how to complete the risk assessment.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health