IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Directing Safely is a nationally recognised and well respected certificated training program that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- IOSH Safety for Senior Executives will be beneficial to directors and senior executives operating at policy and strategic levels within all business sectors, who are looking for a health and safety management course focused on their needs.
- The ‘Directing safely’ course is intended for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within ‘small and medium sized enterprises’ (ie, those with fewer than 250 employees).
- Those with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within an organisation that has 250 or more employees.
- No set prior learning requirements.
- Candidates are required to complete a small project (workplace risk assessment) as part of this course and hence literacy and numeracy skills are relevant.
- Focuses on why health and safety is important and how individuals can make a real difference to the well being of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
- Strategic health and safety management and its integration into other business management systems
- Directors’ and employees’ statutory duties
- Accident causes and prevention methodologies
- Consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Employee selection and the effect of human factors on health and safety
- Consultation and communication with employees on health and safety
- Performance monitoring for continual improvement of health and safety management
- A one day training programme
- 15-minute written assessment paper consisting of 10 multi-choice questions
- Institution of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH)