Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling
- All employees who handle materials, boxes, mail and packages, including both industrial and office workers.
- There are no specific prior learning requirements for this course
- This qualification introduces candidates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling and outlines what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
- It will enable employees to contribute to the development of safer manual handling methods and tasks in the workplace.
- Manual Handling Hazards
- Legislation & Guidance
- Risk Assessment
- Controls and Reducing the Risk of Harm
- A half day training programme
- If run as in house (at a company’s premises) this course can be extended to a full day and also include coaching sessions where the candidates go into their workplace and complete actual manual handling risk assessments
- Multiple choice examination
- Progression onto other health and safety courses will depend on the individual’s role and responsibility within the company. Please see our full list of Health and Safety courses for more details