Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
- Designed for those responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
- There are no specific prior learning requirements for this course
- Assists employers comply with their legal and moral obligations
- Introduction to COSHH
- COSHH Regulations
- Health Problems
- Identifying Hazardous Substances
- Controlling Hazardous Substances
- COSHH Assessments
- A half day training programme
- If run ‘in house’ (at a company’s premises) this course can be extended to a full day and also include a coaching session where the candidates can review existing risk assessments or begin to gather information in order to complete COSHH risk assessments.
- Multiple choice examination
- Progression onto other health and safety courses will depend on the individual’s role and responsibility within the company. Please see our full list of Health and Safety courses for more details